One of the primary objectives of the Biosciences Initiative is working to improve quality and strategic coordination in faculty hiring. In order to strengthen and streamline faculty recruiting efforts in the biosciences across the breadth of the university, we are asking units for collaboration in these efforts. Coordination of departmental recruitments within the biosciences umbrella will help the recruiting effort be more transparent and efficient. In addition to aligning with the initiative’s goals, recruiting may be further accelerated by this coordinated effort.
Completion of the Biosciences Faculty Recruitment Details form is required for participation in the Biological Sciences Scholars Program (BSSP).
In parallel with the current hiring freeze, BSSP funds from the BICC are not currently available. Learn more from the BSI community letter on COVID-19.
- Biosciences faculty recruitment details form: fill out for all of your faculty recruitments
- Faculty recruitment in the biosciences resources Google drive
- Biosciences Initiative Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Hiring Practices
- BSSP FAQ: Biological Sciences Scholars Program expanded to all U-M
Scientific Initiative Faculty Hiring Ads:
- Michigan Concussion Center – tenure track faculty hiring ad
- Institute for Global Change Biology – postdoctoral position hiring ad
- Cells to Atoms: The Future of Cryo-Electron Microscopy at U-M – CLEM faculty hiring ad
- RNA Biomedicine: An Engine for Synergy, Excellence and Global Leadership at Michigan – multiple positions hiring ad