The Biosciences Initiative requests proposals for forward-looking, high impact scientific research endeavors within the biosciences. Proposals may seek to leverage existing areas of research excellence, and/or advance critical new emerging areas of science. Proposals should take advantage of the breadth of bioscience and convergent disciplines at U-M, and thus may be transdisciplinary in nature, may include convergent disciplines, and should be organized around the principle of creating globally-leading research programs, focused on solving critical problems in the biosciences.
Proposals will be considered in three categories: Scientific Research Initiatives, which are large scale efforts designed to advance major new directions in interdisciplinary discovery; Scientific Synergy Initiatives, which are designed to build on Michigan’s strengths and take existing efforts to higher levels of impact; and Exploratory Funding, which is focused on early stage experimental activities.
- Biosciences Initiative Grant Review Process
- Exploratory Funding Proposal Form
- Biosciences Initiative Full Proposal Form
- 2018 Biosciences Initiative RFA document
- 2018 Biosciences Initiative RFA: Submission Steps at a Glance
- Find collaborators using our Experts search
- Scientific Research Initiative LOI form
- Scientific Synergy Initiative LOI form
- BIOSCIENCES LOI and Grant Submission Guidelines